arma 3 question
Posted 17/4/16
Spiderpig
Ok so you guys got me to get Arma 3....and it does run on my laptop nicely so will be easier to play. So I had Arma 3 demo back in the day and I remember a traning mission which had lots of ranges and weapons that I could test out. So what I'm looking for is a mission with the following:
-Ranges: short range, medium range, and long distance range.
-Weapons: Would like to test out the weapons and see which one suits me the best.
-Vehicles: Just so I can learn how to use them.
-Targets: Lots of targets all over the place....respawning if possible.

I'm new to steam so not really sure how to download the community stuff, so any help would be appreciated

Currently doing the bootcamp missions....but looking to train past that.
Posted 17/4/16
wingnut
Here's a great place for mods. ARMAholic haven't played it for a year or so but Robert Hammer weapons are great.
Posted 17/4/16
Heart atagtagtagtag
254 posts
There actually is a boot camp mission which has all those things. I think it's meant as a coop mission with an instructor and student. It's not bad but everything is a bit spread out and takes some time to walk to all the sections. I would suggest downloading something from the Steam Workshop or making a mission yourself. The mission editor is very similar to DCS.
Posted 18/4/16
Spiderpig
Been playing the bootcamp to get re-aquinted and also doing the virtual reality missions. But I'm still looking for that good training map. Basically I have about 40 minutes to kill between act 1 and act 2in the show I'm in and I want to just get into a nice big map with lots of stuff to shoot to get familiar with it again. Will keep searching online....because making one would probably take longer then my show lasts.
Posted 18/4/16
Heart atagtagtagtag
254 posts
I can probably find something for you but if anything I'll throw a mission together. It's been a long time but I used to love making Arma missions. And of course if you ever want to play sometime I can teach you anything you want to know. I am a little rusty but have put a few thousand hours into Arma. It's an amazing game.
Posted 18/4/16
Spiderpig
Seems pretty awesome game. Was watching some editor tutorials last night so I'll see if I can make something.

I've bee doing the bootcamp missions bit really want somethings I have full control of. That way I can go In, take out some targets. Relax.

Another question - would an Xbox 360 work well with arma 3? My pit computer doesn't have easy access to the keyboard so was thinking of going for the Xbox controller. I was going to use my pit joysticks for the aircraft and vehicles.
Posted 18/4/16
Cptn Obvious
Nice to see your guys also play arma, I love that game. Perhaps we can play together some times?

Add me on steam if you want my username is Los Thijsos Hermanos.
Posted 18/4/16
Heart atagtagtagtag
254 posts
While I don't play Arma with a controller I do know several people who use them for the vehicles. It would be great for driving the cars but I've been using the keyboard so long I don't bother. It works well with the helo's but since you have a HOTAS you can just use that. I would not recommend it for infantry gameplay. That's my own personal preference but I play a lot of PvP modes and I would just get murdered left and right.
Posted 18/4/16
Viking atagtagtagtago
431 posts
Just FYI, the 355th has a Steam group. Search for "Silent Dan" (use the quotes) and look for the avatar that looks like an angry face. I live in Winnipeg. Use that info to find & friend me, and I'll invite you to the group. It would also make it easier to coordinate an Arma session.

Edit: actually, here's a link to my profile page.

Further edit: I haven't played Arma in a long time, and I never found a solid group for MP, so I mostly just played SP stuff I found in the Workshop, but I'll fire it up and practice my Arma helo skills. It'd be neat to fly a team of actual players into a combat zone and do some aerial recon for them.
Posted 18/4/16
Pono atagtagtagtag
783 posts
If you guys remember Gunfighters brief time with us, he is a huge ARMA3 nerd runs his own squad or what-ever he calls it. I'm sure he would be happy to have you guys once in awhile.